1. WHAT IS YOUR BUSINESS & WHY THAT FIELD/SERVICE/PRODUCT?
My creative grind is my blog camilleanwuli.com where I document my personal style, events, travel destinations, creative projects and my sneaker campaign #ShesGotSoleXO aimed to empower women in sneaker culture (so expect a lot of sneaker content haha). I started this platform four years ago and had no idea what I was doing. I built this blog from the ground up and had to learn how to document my content right down to taking outfit photos on my tripod, landing collaborations on my own and networking with bloggers and brands. I represent the fly girls who love sneakers and refuse to conform to what society deems as “ladylike.” It has not been an easy journey but i am thankful with how far it has gotten me. I’m still learning even to this day. My next venture currently involves dabbling in video content and jumping on the Youtube wave.
2. WHAT INSPIRED YOU TO START YOUR OWN BUSINESS
My mother! She is an entrepreneur who I watched build her business from the ground up in project management. When you lived with someone for so long and have seen them work their ass oﬀ with your own eyes, it adds fuel to your fire. Also surrounding yourself with people who create art. Whether it is music, photography, fashion, podcasts.
3. DO YOU HAVE A GO TO QUOTE/MOTTO?
Okay this is going to sound corny but as of now my motto has been the Nike slogan which is Just Do It! If you’re afraid to do something, it means you should let go of your ego and do it. Fear is always going to be there and we have to acknowledge that. Enjoy the process and if you fail, pick yourself up and learn from it and try it again.
4. DID YOU EVER HAVE A TIME WHERE YOU WANTED TO GIVE UP? HOW DID YOU OVERCOME THAT FEELING?
Of course! And in those moments, I have to remind myself why I started in the first place and have to take a few days to recharge. Sometimes it lasts weeks and even months. I don’t want to be known as the person that gave up.
5. WHAT’S YOUR BEST BOSS BABE MOMENT?
I would say there was a moment where I was asked to photograph a local event and showcase it on the blog. I was to be there for the entire duration and I knew what I was capable of in terms of my creative writing and photography skills and I requested to be compensated and we negotiated a number that we both agreed upon. In that moment, I knew my skills were valued and I knew what I brought to the table.
6. WORK-LIFE BALANCE: WHAT DO YOU DO TO DE-STRESS?
Oh gosh there’s alot!
– I watch old 80’s, 90’s and early 2000’s music videos and completely lose myself
– I dance around my condo a lot whether im cleaning or just straight up stressed out
– research things on the internet
– read the mantra on my fridge (thanks grandma)
– catch up on a book
– flip through old vogue magazines
7. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING TO LEARN FROM OTHER YEGBOSSBABES IN THE COMMUNITY?
Teamwork and combining forces to create magic! Whether its a boss babe who is a photographer, marketing guru, stylist, podcaster, and sneaker freak, just being vulnerable and putting myself in a position to learn as much as I can. I like hearing stories about how these powerful women got their start, how they overcame diﬀerent obstacles leap of faith gives me the courage to step out of my comfort zone even more.