TIPSY TUESDAY - Clean Chili Ramen by Rejoice Nutrition & Wellness
Ever since my sister took me to Momofuku in Las Vegas for ramen, I have been HOOKED and crave it ALL of the time.. So I reached out to the extremely knowledgeable Joanna Brown of Rejoice Nutrition & Wellness / Wishbone Wellness for some help creating a healthy Ramen at home. We think she is a YEGBOSSBABE everyone should know so be sure to check out her businesses!
Miso Broth. Red Chilies. Sundried Tomatoes. Bok Choy.
You know when you are just craving a big bowl of hot, nourishing goodness and nothing quiet meets that need as a steaming Ramen Bowl. Filling the bowl with nutrient- dense veggies, fermented foods like Miso which support a healthy digestive tract, and adding just a bit of spice to rev up your metabolism nourishing not only your belly but your soul too. Slurp Away! This Clean Chili Ramen bowl is easy, flavorful, healthy, and definitely a comforting meal on cold days.
2 Organic Eggs
1 tsp avocado or coconut oil
4 oz. protein of choice (grass-fed beef or chicken, wild salmon, or ½ chickpeas for a plant-based version).
2 cups of Miso Broth or Bone Broth
2 tsp Tamari
4 oz. of whole wheat ramen noodles
4 oz. of Black kelp noodles
1 cup baby bok choy, chopped
1/8 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
1 handful of baby kale
1 red chili pepper, seeded & diced
pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
Microgreens (optional garnish)
Organic Sriracha (optional topping)
[Makes 2 servings]
1. Place 2 whole eggs (shell on) in a medium size saucepan and cover with enough water to cover eggs (about 1 inch). Bring to a boil for 5 minutes, then drain the hot water and fill the pot with ice cold water and let sit while you prepare the rest.
2. In a large soup pot add oil and sliced protein of choice and sauté until cooked through (about 8-10 minutes).
3. Add miso broth or bone broth, tamari, & noodles to the pot and bring to a boil cooking the noodles for about 3-5 minutes. Meanwhile peel the eggs and slice them in half.
4. Turn the heat to low-medium, add in 1 diced red chili pepper & veggies and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with 1 egg slices, freshly ground salt & pepper, and microgreens to garnish. Enjoy!
To Make Your Own Miso Broth:Heat 5” piece of Kombu kelp, 4 cups of water, 5 dried shitake mushrooms, and 1 cup of organic miso in a pot over a low simmer for 30 minutes. Strain and use this broth for your Ramen
Buy Bone Broth: Check out @wishbone_wellness_inc for The Mermaid Lagoon (Vegan Kombu Stock) or the Badass Bison Broth (infused with Miso, Ginger, & Cabbage).
Interested in being featured? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org